Friday, June 19, 2009

In and Out of Lion's Den XD

Hello world! :D I've finally decided to make an update. XD

Last Sunday, my father had abruptly decided to go Singapore the next day to clarify some stuff in NUS. Yeah the next day. -.-'' We have talked about going to Singapore sooner or later but I didn't expect it to be THAT sudden. Didn't even get to plan our journey, what and what-not. =.=

But I kinda look forward to going to Singapore cause this is officially the first time I got out of the country. Well maybe not... I was told that I HAD been to Hong Kong and Singapore say... 20 years ago? Yeah before I was born. -.-'' But never mind that, this shall be the first time I'm leaving Malaysia. XD

And boy oh boy... I tell you it's like a freaking vacation goes all haywire. -.- Woke up at 6.30am to get ready to leave the house... Then drove ALL the way from KL to JB. With just only 4 hours of sleep cause went home at 2.30am from a yumcha session with the guys the night before uhh... I mean the mosquitoes, I just can't help getting myself knocked out in the car.

The journey lasted for about 4 hours, of which I'd driven for 2 hours after my dad couldn't take it anymore. XD We parked our car in JB and my dad's friend picked us up to Singapore after treating us lunch. His car damn nice wey... One heck of a rich uncle.

OK back to the trip... It was the first time I've gone through the custom and I must say... it was pretty cool. I mean it would be fun, I think, when the custom officers go through your passport, then look at you and you started to act suspicious and all. Like in the movie, you're smuggling something over. XD Of course I didn't do that. Was busy looking around and filling up forms and stuffs. Haha.

By the time we reached NUS it was already 2pm. So the uncle dropped us in NUS then we proceeded to the Student Service Centre to get our doubts clarified. My plan to visit the campus failed totally cause we still gotta make our way to the bank to ask about the TFL. Even so, we had barely made it before the bank closes. -.-''

Yeah and I didn't even take a single photo during the whole trip. -_-''

That's roughly about the trip. After the whole ask-around stuffs, we took the MRT to the uncle's office and waited there for a few hours for him to complete his stuff. He treated us again, for dinner and sending us back to JB. Haha really thank him for that. :D But geez... that few hours got me really anxious as I felt it was a total waste of time sitting there and doing nothing. -.-

And that night we drove for another 4 hours and reached home at 2am. -___-'' Basically I think it's a VERY unproductive day. Didn't even get to visit around. Sigh...

But I still got a rough idea about how Singapore is and stuff. It's nothing much different than Malaysia, just that it's more organized and obviously clean. The services are good, be it in the bank, the uni, the MRT station, taxi drivers, even in the food court, I think it's WAY better than most of them we had in BOLEH-land. But everything comes with a price... Just about everything is more expensive. Staying here for a week or two probably won't hurt much but anytime longer than that is definitely gonna be a burden. -.-'' Still... I got a feeling I would enjoy my stay here. ;)

Well perhaps it's a bit too soon to judge. Hoho... can't wait to go there again. XD

PS : Oooo UPU would be out tomorrow! Technically it's today but oh well... Probably I'll stick to NUS but... Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment