Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Touched Down

FINALLYYYYY with a capital 'F' and infinite 'Y', I've finally landed myself in Singapore. Phew...

It sure is a long journey man... 1 and a half year of brain wrecking and emotionally torturing exams, then take a 180 degree turn - almost 7 months slacking off ala a couch computer desk potato, now I found myself adapting to a new lifestyle. It all seems so surreal. XD

Forgive the long hiatus, but since I was gonna leave for Singapore, might as well dump everything including blogging and enjoy playing RO and going out for gatherings. XD

It's always been just a thought studying in NUS, living on-campus, situating in a foreign land where you're away from your family for such an extended period and that just about everyone you see is a new face. It was both thrilling and worrying. Now that the real deal is here, it's actually quite an experience, and good for me, it's a damn good one. (OK too soon to tell... WAYY too soon to tell... ) Don't really have to worry much so far, just enjoying the activities and making new friends, before the semester starts that is. Well, maybe worry about how to do all the cleaning and stuff. XD

Currently I've settled down in my residence, the Prince George's Park residences. The room was quite alright, and it's not really as small as that impression given by everyone. In fact I'm quite satisfied with the room. You know... smaller room = less cleaning. XD And the exterior of the residence, it's really impressive. Like high-end condos and stuff. Maybe I'll take photos of it after I get a camera or a new phone.

But...

...the cluster I'm staying currently... is sooo unoccupied...

In fact I'm the only resident in that 15 rooms... *wind blows*

SOOO yeah... No neighbours... no one... all by myself... alone, a lone loner... all by himself... *leaf flew by*

I am so gonna apply to stay in hall for the next semester. -.-

But it's OK, I got the bathroom all to myself. XD

So far I've got to know a few people, well just a few. Just couldn't remember all of their names. Seniors were all very helpful and friendly, all of them had actually stayed throughout their semester break just to organize this orientation for the freshies, even by means of forking out their own money to pay for the accomodation and other living expenses.

And speaking of living expenses... Sighh it's really bothering me alot that I have to pay extra for the same thing I could get back home, and better ones for the food. I've been keeping track of every dolar and cent I've spent for the day, converting the price to RM, and making my own ledger. -.-'' Life sure is hard when the money you have has been depreciated by 2.5 times.

Alright, it's time to clean my room and unpack my luggage. Shall blog again soon. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment