Monday, May 11, 2009

Adventurous Yumcha Session

It all started with the usual yumcha and 'blowing water' session...

...and ended up in a not-so-usual way.

So this is what happened...

Last Saturday, I went to the Teo Chew porridge shop not far away from my house with CK, Rob and Iko, a friend whom we got to know in RO. You know, just to talk crap and grab something to bite on. We enjoyed our food, yada yada for 2 hours plus then we bid each other farewell and prepared to leave...

The moment I went into the car and closed the door behind, then there's a loud thud and it shook everyone...

...and no it wasn't because I slammed the door too hard.

We kinda knew what happened... accident as per usual. Takkan someone else in the vicinity slammed the car door so hard right? It was already 2.30 in the morning and I was eager to get some sleep so I didn't bother to find out the situation and all.

And it certainly didn't occur to me that it was Iko who got into the accident.

CK and Rob got out of the car so I followed suit. We saw her car stopped by the side of the road, then a motorbike skidded to the other side of the road, and small pieces of metal and plastic fragments scattered all over the road, probably from the bike. Before we could get to her car, there were already many random passers-by gathering around her car.

And there's a workshop agent or something handling Iko a form to claim insurance and all that. So ngam 1. -.-'' Anyway, the biker was fortunately suffered only a minor injury on his arm and Iko escaped unscathed. The biker insisted it was Iko's fault while she was still dazed by how fast things unfolded.

Some Malay guys tried to calm the biker down for fear he might start a fight or something. In the end we all decided that it's best to make a police report, and they asked me to drive her Myvi. It was my first time driving a Myvi and plus, the side mirror was ripped off on impact with the bike, so it was kinda awkward but I made it anyway.

We spent another 1 hour or so to settle everything in the police station. After that, Iko sent her car to the agent's workshop while CK asked me to drive his car home so yeah, I drove a Honda Civic for the first time on that day as well...

...of which he drove it back after fetching me home of course. LOL

It was quite an 'adventure' that night. Everything happened so fast and till now I still have no idea who's at fault. Iko's car was already steered straight ahead and moving forward after she reversed her car out of the parking lot. Plus you know some bikers right? Like to swerve left and right, in and out of lanes at high speed. It was pretty obvious that it's the biker's fault right? But I'll never know since I didn't witness everything.

I was amazed at how calm she was throughout the whole thing. Somemore can joke around, after her car was scratched and dented like that. O_O Gotta give her credits for that.

And so that's the first time I've been indirectly involved in an accident and made a police report, driven a Myvi and a Honda Civic, and slept at 6am. Quite an adventure. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment