Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chinese New Year Has Been Quite...

...Chinese New Year.

It's been rather plain this time. Not many relatives, not many angpau's, not much drinks and food, not many visits and bla bla bla...

My family stayed mostly at home for the first two days except having lunch with my grandma and uncle and tapao-ing food for dinner. Went Ipoh for the next 3 days to settle some stuffs and visit our relatives. Sadly, I couldn't satisfy myself with the food I've been looking forward to in Ipoh because apparently there was a crowd equivalent the size of half of the population in Perak standing not only inside but queuing up OUTSIDE the restaurant. -__-''

We initially planned to stay for 2 days but there's been a slight disaster. My mom accidentally broke the water tap on the heater and the water just kept squirting out. -.- To make things worse, we couldn't stop the water even after shutting off the main pipe. Sigh... My dad ingeniously stuffed a rolled-up newspaper inside the pipe to stop the water but it's still leaking. Double sigh...

In the end we spent a day try to find spare parts but to no avail. Practically all shops were closed so we'd wasted a day doing nothing. We sorta asked my cousin's father-in-law to settle for us and cabut lari went back to KL. On the very same day, I lost three angpau's I got from my grand aunties. Karma perhaps. =.=

So the day we went back to KL, I barely made it to Zhi Wang's open house. Chit-chatted a while, gambled a while and won some money, took an angpau then went for a yumcha session. Then headed to CK's house for a sleepover. The initial plan was to watch movies until the next morning but in the end only I managed to finish the movies while the others were snoring their butts off. And yet I've been driving from Ipoh back to KL earlier on. Sigh you see the difference between a 19-year-old and a bunch of 20-year-old's? :P

Monday celebrated Kian Han's birthday with Poh Lian and Yat Hong in Times Square. Then it hit me. Wow most of my friends would turn 20 this year. We're leaving teenage hood and stepping into adulthood already. So sad... And next year's my turn. I'm not surprised if some children come up and call me uncle. T.T

OK that was a bit too much... Anyway it's part of life and we just have to learn to accept it I guess...

Good thing is...

...I'm still eligible to take angpau's every CNY. :P

PS : Yes la I know there isn't any photos. Hardly anything worth taking. -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment