Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy 'Ox' Year

Dong dong chiang~~

Wow, it's already Chinese New Year. I'm sure everyone's been busy either helping their families to prepare everything or meeting up with their relatives to collect angpau's celebrate this wondrous festive season.

Except me who's been indulging myself excessively in RO. -.- Which explains the lack of updates.

Anyway, just had a real simple reunion dinner with my family. Well it's not really a reunion since it's only the usual 5 of us. And I mean... REAL simple. My mom only prepared three simple dishes, of which one is bought from the market, and that's all we had for dinner. Even the usual dinner was wayy better than this 1. =.= Only thing is, we had to add an extra scoop or two of rice, so to speak our appetite has grown bigger as we grow older.

I would only be going back to my dad's hometown on Wednesday for a couple of days, other than that I guess I would be staying at home. Somehow the CNY mood hasn't kicked in, and it just feels like any other day, minus the repetitive dong dong chiang~ and the closed shops around town. I hope this CNY doesn't turn out to be a real bore.

We'll see... We'll see...

Let's just be excited about getting angpau's... XD

Before I end the entry, I would like to wish HH whose birthday falls exactly on the first day of CNY a Happy Birthday. Haha enjoy your holiday. :)


And for the rest of the folks,

Happy Chinese New Year
and
Gong Xi Fa Cai


Get more angpau's and have a prosperous year ahead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment