Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Decisions

Decision... Decision... Decision...

It's that kind of decision-making that could change the future...

It's that kind of decision-making that is nothing like the one we've made before...

It's that kind of decision-making that spells doom to indecisive people like me...

Sigh...

As if the gruesome study hours before the exams and the anticipation after the exams are not bad enough, the reality hit us when the moment of truth has finally come. Staring blank at the result slip, I couldn't help wondering what lies ahead.

I've always been very indecisive. I would spend longer time hovering in front of the counter in McD and deciding what to eat than queueing up and placing my order. So it's very frustrating when it comes to making decision for me. What's more, this time the pressure has been totally elevated to a whole new level when it involves determining my field of interest and ultimately the career path in the future. -.-''

There's so much in my mind now that I could feel the veins within my skull throbbing so hard, probably my brain needs more supply of blood to assess whatever that is clouding my mind. Every now and then, I just couldn't help thinking and confirming whatever final decision that I've come to, only to be denied again and another final conclusion has been made. This cycle goes on and on until I've lost track how many final decisions I've come to. WTH how hard it is to decide dammit?? T_T

And it certainly does not help when heaps of tedious form-filling are being thrown at you. Some even require a short essay especially those involving financial aids. Then another thing is the various institutions offering so many different curriculum of the same course that you don't even know which is which. Then there's this recognition problem of the certificate you would be having at the end of your university years. Finally with so many kinds of publicity going around promoting their own institutions, it really makes me wondered what truly lies beyond their superfluous packaging. Seriously I regretted spending the last few months not doing any research other than 'researching' where to hunt items in RO. -.-''

OMG so many different kinds of certs for the same course out there o.O

Money is another issue as well. Yeah there may be many scholarships and loans out there but hey if we were given a choice of course we would opt for the former instead of finding yourself working so hard just to repay your debts while your peers are happily driving a Benz and all those nice cars upon graduation. With so many people going all out for scholarships, it's a bit like a whole village fighting for a bowl of rice. Everyone wanted to get a free 'bowl' for themselves, ya know the
饭碗 analogy?

If only scholarships are all over the place... Even lying on the ground waiting to be picked up...

But in the end the problem is that I couldn't decide the two options I've narrowed down to. I prefer one over another, but the problem is that it's a bit risky cause if I didn't manage to meet the minimum requirement of the major I wanted to choose in the first year, I would end up studying something I wasn't intended to. So basically that's the dilemma now...

Sigh how nice it is if everything has been planned to us like what it's been like when we're young... Then we wouldn't have to make tough decisions like this. And this problem is indubitably directly proportional to our age it seems... Please let me get this through as soon as possible. Dammit I hate growing up!

On a lighter note, I'm struggling to quit RO. Should I or should I not? Sigh... I guess I'll always be indecisive. -.-''

No comments:

Post a Comment