Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour

So everyone's been talking about Earth Hour, and it seems that quite a lot of people are taking part in this campaign.


And that includes me... supposedly. -.-''

My house was, unfortunately, brightly lit during the campaign because my parents were watching the TV and my brother was using the computer. My parents wouldn't wanna switch off the TV. Reason being was, aside from being engrossed in the drama, they thought it doesn't make any significant difference.

So in the end, I gave up trying to convince them and didn't even bother to switch off the lights either and switched on the laptop and fan instead. -.-''

Well, I think they do have a point actually. The only thing the campaign could achieve is raising awareness among all of us, and well, cutting down global electricity usage for one hour. Which is kinda negligible considering the high daily usage, especially the unnecessary ones. If we ARE cutting down irrelevant electricity usage all the time, why limit ourselves to do so in this one hour only and that there's really little significance.

Then again, it's for a good cause and it's pretty cool to see the whole city, or at least, neighbourhood goes into darkness. And I think it goes to show how much we care about climate changes and all the damage we've done to Earth.

Too bad I couldn't join the crowd. Hey at least I have taken the initiative to try, right? :P Perhaps next year I would try harder. Yeah definitely I would.

Oh ya... I guess someone must have thought it was a bit too dark during the campaign that he decided to start a fire in the abandoned unit above mine. The fire must have been going on for 5 minutes before someone noticed and then the residents started to extinguish it before the fire brigade had made it to the scene. Luckily no one was hurt since it's abandoned and the fire wasn't big enough to cause any major damage.

I must say... it's a pretty weird ending for the day. Maybe someone was trying to make a statement that global warming has reached a critical level. @.@

PS : Class Trip to Genting tomorrow!!! Gonna be back on Tuesday. OMG can't wait can't wait!!!! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment