Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Of STPM and False Hope

Finally the day has come...

I mean THE 'day' has finally arrived...

But somehow the excitement and emotions didn't kick in until the very second I was holding my result slip. I thought I was just gonna see the result and go 'Oh...' then proceed to '8' others' results.

It's exactly what I wanted to do actually cause I don't wanna put so much hope only to end up disappointed. -.-

So anyway we were told that the results will be announced at 12pm. But in fact it's at 2pm. -.- We had an hour or two in between so we decided to hang out in the school canteen. Had the urge to buy mixed rice from the canteen again since that's practically the only food I enjoy there last time. Ahh very nostalgic... though it's only a few months ago... -.-

After a few months of holiday, some had changed quite a lot, some had never changed a bit like ZX who's still a glutton and wearing school uniform whenever she comes back to school. We were enjoying ourselves in chit-chats and hoo-haas then suddenly news came spreading around...

Rumor says Chiew Wai only got himself 3A 2A-. And apparently there's only one had straight A's in the school. Now that's very surprising because if there's someone who can get straight A's, he's the one you can bet on. The rumor was very convincing that everyone of us including himself thought he couldn't achieve the perfect score. It was quite a let down to everyone.

As a friend, I felt sorry for him. But as a student, I felt relieved. Now even though I don't wanna put much hope on this, a part of me still wondered if I would stand a chance. I really couldn't help thinking I was the one when Pn. Chan suddenly came up to me and congratulated me. That alone was more than enough to stir up my emotions.

So a few moments after that, the results were finally out and we practically rushed to the lab to get the slips. The moment I got hold of my slip, I was praying so hard and the adrenaline started pumping and I couldn't help trembling and shivering and all that. -.-

I was already THAT happy when I was made to feel like I might get straight A. I was having a bit difficulty opening the slip cause my hands were trembling. -.- And you know the result slip, you have to open from bottom to top. I peeked while I opened the slip slowly, I could see A all the way up and I was already getting happier until I was THIS happy. Yes basically I was a happy man for that brief moment of my life.

Until...


...I revealed the top part of the slip. I swear I could imagine myself munching on Cloud Nine chocolate bar on cloud nine then suddenly being sent down crashing six feet under by this... this contract of darkness that sentence me this damnation for the rest of my life. T.T

Instantly I was this happy already. -.-

From THAT :) to THIS :D and finally this :|

I won't say I'm unhappy with my result. In fact I got what I want for the rest of the subjects and I feel good that my effort has finally paid off. I'm just a little frustrated over the fact that PA had pulled my CGPA down. To be honest, I aimed for a perfect 4.00 but because they die die also wanna include PA in the calculation of CGPA so I only managed to get 3.83. And PA's not even close to be an important subject. I despise it so much I feel like munching it like the chocolate bar and spitting it out cause it despised me too much to be swallowed.

In the end Chiew Wai IS the one who got straight A. Apparently he got 2A- for one paper of two subjects, with the rest a perfect A. So this little misleading false information has given me a false hope, turning me into a dulan munching machine chomping two burgers away in McD later in the afternoon. ~.~

Anyway, congratulations to those who had achieved what they've been hoping for in the exams. To those who had slightly off-tracked from their target, fret not, spend a little while chomp away your frustration and start working towards another target. I reckon everyone should be proud to claim that he/she has gone through one of the toughest test in the world. :)

For now, I shall find something to chomp on. Apparently 2 burgers weren't enough to keep my stomach from complaining. ~.~

2 comments:

  1. hey! what a good result! congrates! and help me to congrate chiew wai. he should know me. tell him tat we have been in the same tuition centre b4--'mega didik'. he always call me aminuddin baki. haha. i just found out that you and him r in the same scol! =p anyway, congrates to u! but i'm not surprise. i knew u will get gud result, u PTS jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks. Yeah sure I'll tell him the next time I see him :)

    ReplyDelete