Monday, March 23, 2009

Haircut

Getting a haircut had never been an issue for me. And I mean, HAD never been. Whenever the 'lawn' above grows out of control, I'll just have to head to the barber shop a few blocks away, go in and sit down, then tell the Indian barber 'Bang, pendek.' and he'll do his job. It's so simple, time-saving, and most importantly, cheap.

Except one problem... They tend to screw your hair up down left right. So instead of blending into the crowd, you'll end up outshining the rest and drawing unwanted attention to yourself, well particularly to your head. So things like 'Eh bro, nice hair *giggles*' and 'Walao wtf did you do to your hair? XD' are very much inevitable.

Definitely stir up the same reaction as the above...

Those were the days... Those were the days... when I felt spending more than RM 10 on a haircut only to please the discipline teachers and prefects is hardly worth it. Now that I've finally left school, I think it's time to get a REAL haircut from the pro. ;)

But kiamsiap-ness forbids me from randomly choosing any salon I could find. I have to search high and low for one that offers a price I am willing to could pay. Well in the end I've finally found one that's not quite near my house, but cheap nevertheless. XD

The anticipation to see how it would turn out, the fear that I may pay a higher price just to have the hair dresser screws it out like what the barber usually does, and the awkwardly different picture of it, that is instead of an Indian middle-aged pot-bellied fella handling a 'lawnmower' on your head, now you see a lenglui scrutinizing your hair, telling you how she wished she could have your thick and luscious hair, (No joke! I didn't make this up XD) asking you how you would want to cut your hair and suggesting how your hair could be styled up, finally cutting your hair with scissors delicately without forcefully twisting your head and shaving your scalp with blades, all these are enough to convince myself that I've made the right choice.

10 minutes later, I walked out the shop with a brand new confidence, drove home with the same confidence, and asked my parents how was it with the confidence...

...only to be crushed to zero.

Mom : I thought you went for a haircut?
Me : I did. See? How is it?
Mom : Like never cut before. Why so girlish 1?
Me : ......

Ouch... So I walked away, head down and feet-dragging... Defeated...

Dad : Wah! Salon cut ar?
Me : Ya!! (Finally got someone noticed! :D)
Dad : Ohhh those girls ar? Stand left side to cut right side. *hint hint*
Me : -__-''

Parents! Pfft...

So there goes my virgin salon haircut. Although now I think my mom is right, there really isn't much difference after. -.-'' Then again, anyhow I have to get a haircut or else I'm gonna end up looking like those 80's rock stars.

Randy Rhoads Mok

No photo taken cause I don't wanna embarrass myself in case it looks weird. Apparently my confidence has been squashed to zero. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment